- This event has passed.
20th Annual Lavender Festival
June 16 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Saturday, June 16, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Tennessee’s only Lavender Festival celebrates its 20th annual event in Historic Jackson Square, Oak Ridge, Saturday, June 16, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m!
- FREE festival, with ample free parking!
- 140 artisan vendors, herb and floral vendors, herbal tasting, Herb of the Year information, and children’s activities.
- Free Informative presentations will be held in the lobby of Pinnacle Financial Partners, and include Thyroid Health & Tips for Optimal Brain function (10 a.m.), Home-Crafted Lavender Products (11:30 a.m.), Turning Back the Bones of Time (1 p.m.).
- Tennessee Wine Tasting, $10, includes a glass and benefits the Free Medical Clinic of Oak Ridge! Come sample 25 Tennessee wines and ciders, and buy bottles directly from winemakers. (Bring your ID!)
- Free Children’s activities, including street performers, petting zoo, art projects, a merry-go-round and more!
- Oak Ridge Farmers’ Market open 8 to noon.
- The “Herb of the Year,” a designation by the International Herb Society, is Hops, Humulus ssp, touted as a digestive aid, stress reducer, skin softener, as well as an ingredient in many beers. This year those 21 and over with a valid ID may purchase beer and cider from Crafter’s Brew Beer Van!
- Cowperwood Company
- 2018 Lavender Buds
- Midway Tire, Trans Tech, TN Bank of Oak Ridge, and East TN FARM Markets.
- Activity sponsors are StrataG, UCOR, Doubletree by Hilton, Pinnacle Financial Partners, Methodist Medical Center, and Citizens First Bank.
- For a complete list of vendors, Lavender Buds, and more information about the Lavender Festival, please visit www.JacksonSquareLavenderFestival.org.
The music schedule is as follows:
- 8:00 Andrew Payzant, bagpipe
- 8:10 Allen McBride, hammered dulcimer
- 9:00 Liz & Tim, Appalachian Music
- 10:00 The LoneTones Trio
- 11:00 The Leftovers
- 12:00 Early Bird Special
- 1:00 Jubal
- 2:00 The Missing Goats